Cooling Off Period
In accordance with Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) you are entitled to cancel your purchase within seven (7) calendar days after date of receipt of the good(s) and obtain a full refund (excluding the courier fees).
There are some exceptions to the “cooling off” period (Section 42.2 of the ECT Act). These exceptions include the following products in respect of which NO cooling off period shall apply:
- Computer software which have been opened/ seals broken
- Consumables which have been opened/ seals broken
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (including electronic vouchers) due to the fact that the security seal was tampered with and/or the product has been used.
Products which are not defective or damaged, but which you want to return for whatever reason, must be returned within seven (7) calendar days from date of invoice. The product(s) must be returned to our door.
Should an opened/un-sealed product be returned, a 20% handling fee will be charged. The product(s) also needs to be in a resalable condition. Products that are returned with missing items (such as manuals, warranty cards, accessories and other materials belong to that item) will not be credited/ refunded. It is at our sole discretion to pass credit/refund if an opened/un-sealed is returned to us.
Software will only be credited/refunded if the packaging is unopened/seals unbroken and accompanied by a police affidavit.
Consumables (such as toners, inks, CD’s, Blu-ray discs, etc.) can only be returned for credit/refund as long as it is unopened/sealed and unused.
In both COOLING OFF PERIOD and NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, the products must be returned within seven (7) calendar days (to our door). All products must be returned to 991 Solutions in their original packaging. The cost of returning the products will be solely at your expense. Should a product be damaged while in transit to 991 Solutions, we will not be liable for the damage nor will 991 Solutions be able to credit/refund you.
Defective / Damaged / Unsuitable Products
All products are covered by the manufactures prescribed warranty, which is typically 1 year from date of invoice, unless otherwise specified.
If you find that your product(s) is defective/faulty or unsuitable for the purpose indicated in the product description (in summary “Defective”) and within six (6) months from date of invoice, please notify 991 Solutions via email of the problem you are experiencing. Once we have received your email we will arrange to have the product returned to us (at our expense).
If the product is found to be defective, you are entitled to either
- Have the product repaired or replaced OR
- Be fully refunded (minus the delivery costs (if any)).
Should you wish to have the product repaired or replaced, we will return the repaired/replaced product to you at our expense (assuming your purchase was originally for delivery).
Software and consumables that is found to be defective will NOT be entitled to a refund/credit. They will only be replaced with the same product.
If the product is found not to be defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having the product returned to 991 Solutions and then re-delivered to you.
Please note the following issues/problems will not render the product defective and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refunds:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear
- physical damage to the product
- when you, or someone unauthorised by 991 Solutions, has altered, damaged or removed the warranty seal(s) and/or screw(s)
- hardware or software (including operating systems, applications, games, etc.) that is not compatible with your system and/or existing hardware
- Photographic equipment which shows evidence of impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage, dropping, mishandling or tampering, battery or chemical corrosion, damage caused by connected equipment or used contrary to the applicable instruction manual.
If you find that your product is defective after six (6) months from date of invoice and within the manufacturer warranty, you can arrange to have this product returned to 991 Solutions(at your expense) by notifying us via email.
If the product is found to be defective, 991 Solutions will either:
- Replace the product with either a new or refurbished product
- Repair the product
- Credit the product
Should the product no longer be sold, you will have the option to either:
- Replace the product with another product (fees may apply) or
- Have the product credited. You will be credited the last list price (if lower than your original purchase price) and/or with a fair usage charge (i.e the time period of which the product was used)
Assessments and repairs are carried out by the approved repair centres and may take up to 6 weeks.
The final decision on the status of “defective” products is made by the supplier/manufacture.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 991 Solutions, 15A Estcourt Avenue, Wierdapark, Centurion, ZA 0157
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund/credit, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over R1000, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.